Tuition and Payment
Payment Methods: We accept cash, checks, or credit card payments. Credit card payments are processed through Stripe. If you are paying through a monthly installment plan, you will set up your credit card through your MyMusicStaff student portal for monthly autopay. Please make checks payable to Gori Voice Studios, LLC.
Refunds: We do not issue refunds.
Discontinuing lessons (for monthly payment plans): Please give a full 30-days’ notice.
Payment terms and schedule:
• Initial Fit and Drop-In lessons must be prepaid.
• Full-Year Plan students may pay in full before the first lesson of the year or through a monthly installment plan. Please see the attached offer sheet for details of each plan.
• Late payments – received after the 7th of the month – are subject to a $20 late fee
• Missed payments: if no payment is received by the 15th of the month, no further lessons will be given until balance due is paid and we reserve the right to reassign the student’s time slot.
Family Discount: We offer a 10% discount on our package plans for families with more than one enrolled student. Full tuition is due for the first family member enrolled, but tuition for subsequent family members is discounted 10% for that academic year.
Our primary mode of communication for studio news, updates, and events is through email.
Lesson Reminders: You may choose whether to receive your lesson reminders via email, text message, or both. Full-Year Plan students may do this via their MyMusicStaff student portal page. Drop-in Students may do this when registering via Acuity.
We are happy to answer any student questions or concerns. Students may contact us through either email or phone calls to our studio at 301-946-6530. (Please note that this number cannot accept text messages.) We will reply to emails and phone calls within 24 hours whenever possible.
Studio Schedule and Time Considerations
Studio Closure Dates are set before the beginning of our academic year. Please refer to our current academic year calendar.
Closures due to Inclement Weather :
We will only close in case of power failure. We will notify students via telephone or text message if that is the case. If travel to an in-person lesson is not possible due to poor driving conditions, you may substitute an online lesson.
Cancellations and Reschedules:
Full-Year Students: You are welcome to cancel as many lessons as you wish and reschedule as possible subject to the following terms and conditions:
• You must handle all cancellations and rescheduling on your own through your MyMusicStaff student portal page.
• You must cancel the lesson 48 hours or more in advance. When you cancel a lesson through your MMS student portal page, MyMusicStaff will generate what it calls a “make-up credit”. You can then use this “make-up credit” to reschedule the lesson.
• “Make-up credit” lessons are NOT guaranteed.
• You may use the “make-up credit” to reschedule into a time slot opened by another student’s cancellation or onto a scheduled flex day.
• TIP FOR STUDENTS PARTICIPATING IN SCHOOL THEATRICAL PRODUCTIONS: You will want to list your lesson time as a conflict when auditioning! Continuing your lessons is one of the best things your can do to support your school’s production. If you need us to speak to your show’s director, please let us know.
Drop-In Students: Drop-in lessons are not eligible for refund or rescheduling. Sessions are paid at time of booking to secure your spot in the studio's schedule. If you are unable to attend your lesson as scheduled, you may request one of the Asynchronous Lesson options below. We will prepare your choice of option during your reserved time.
Late Cancellations, e.g. less than 48 hours’ notice (for student on the Full Year Tuition Plan):
If you must cancel a lesson with less than 48 hours’ notice due to illness or unavoidable schedule conflict, you are welcome to take advantage of one of the following options:
• You may take a Non-Singing Lesson during your regular lesson time. Instead of singing, we can use your lesson time to:
• You may request an Asynchronous Lesson, which could include one of the following:
Cancellations due to illness are subject to the same policies listed above. If you must cancel with less than 48 hours’ notice but are not so sick as to need to stay in bed, you may take an online lesson. If you are too ill on the day of your lesson to take a Non-Singing Lesson, you may request one of the Asynchronous Lesson options.
If your regular teacher is unable to meet with you, our other teacher will serve as your substitute teacher during your regular lesson time. If both teachers are unavailable, we will offer you your choice of rescheduling the lesson or utilizing one of the Asynchronous Lesson options listed above.
Although we support your participation in shows and physical fitness activities like sports, we ask that you honor your commitment to your vocal studies by making your lessons a priority. If your schedule changes due to the addition of show rehearsals or sports practices, we will allow one permanent lesson time change per year, provided that a suitable time slot is available.
Studio Class open coaching session